9 FLORENCE ST, ANNERLEY
SOLD! Nature retreat in the suburbs, close to all amenities!
9 FLORENCE ST, ANNERLEY
From the moment you step into the private front yard of this impressive Queenslander, you will feel right at home in a 100-year-old grand dame sitting squarely on an 810sqm double block, surrounded by other equally impressive character houses. An executive home with stunning period features which have been lovingly and sensitively restored and improved on over the years this family home has equal measures of charm and comfort for modern living. Holiday at home with the resort-style pool and enjoy sunset drinks on the deck as well as multiple indoor and outdoor spaces for all the family to enjoy.
This property is a private realm for family, but close to every amenity including educational, medical, retail and cultural/recreational precincts. A short bike ride to the University of Queensland and the new Inner City South Secondary College (open 2021). There are also multiple options to work from home including a stand-alone building which can be your new home office, studio, or productive work space.
0458 912 906
In the main part of the house there is an ample sized, airconditioned loungeroom and separate formal dining room with vaulted ceilings as well as access to a powder room, the back deck via the four bi-folds and front porch through stylish French doors. An updated kitchen has access through the main house, as well as from the front porch making it the hub of the home.
The king-size master bedroom has huge built-in wardrobes, and a ceiling fan for airflow sourced from the original sash windows. Two additional large bedrooms are located on this southern side of the home and have space for double or queen size beds, study desks and room for your family to grow.
Down the back stairs you are greeted with an additional paved alfresco area, away from the elements underneath the deck which can also be used as your secure, covered car space. At least 4 cars can park on the property with access to an off-street, tandem parking area down the driveway to the right of the home.
Fresh landscaping has recently been completed within the pool area to give texture and colour through multiple surfaces, clever water-saving plants and garden beds around the natural shape of the sparkling blue water. Everything has been considered in the pool to ensure that it's as low-maintenance as possible with a custom-made pool blanket, filter system and easy visibility from many areas on the property.
For those who work from home, a completely separate building is a large and peaceful space to welcome clients, set up your home office or use as a studio as it has been fully insulated and has its own access down the driveway without entering the house.
A 7500L water tank, space for you to plant your own vegetable garden, beautiful trees and other garden beds complete the picture of a historic home with huge potential for you to adapt any aspect to suit your lifestyle in this well sought-after pocket of Annerley.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Enclosed front porch with access through the lounge or kitchen
- King-sized master bedroom with loads of storage space
- Two additional good-size bedrooms
- Family-sized bathroom with bathtub and toilet
- Additional powder room with extra toilet and handbasin
- Updated kitchen with bar and space for your breakfast table
- Vaulted ceilings and air conditioning in the main living and formal dining area
- Bi-fold doors open out to the rear deck
- Oversized deck will comfortably fit an 8-seater table as well as a lounge area
- Views onto mature trees and pool area
- Paved alfresco area also doubles as a perfect undercover car space
- Huge, naturally shaped pool with recent landscaping to give a low-maintenance and luscious, garden outlook
- Zen outdoor paved area overlooking the pool ready for deck chairs or outdoor lounge
- Separate laundry has just been remodelled
- Lots of storage space and a workshop area under the house
- Separate home office or studio with power, insulation and its own private deck and entrance from the street without accessing the house
- 7500L water tank and low maintenance gardens and yard
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
Situated in Annerley, 9 Florence Street is less than 7km to the CBD. Just a few minutes' walk to the Fairfield train station and only a short distance from Ipswich Road and the Clem 7, this property is well connected but feels like an oasis once you step through the front gate.
Walk around the corner to Fairfield Gardens (never drive to the grocery shop again), as well as being a short distance to more cafes and restaurants and South Bank just a 5-minute train ride away. Surrounded by parks, easy access to transport, Major hospitals, Universities, the QLD Tennis Centre – you will be spoiled for choice! In the catchment for the new Inner City South Secondary College (opening 2021), Junction Park State School and Yeronga State High and within close proximity to many prestigious private schools